An essential course for all staff regardless of the job role, we understand the importance of all staff having necessary knowledge relating to safeguarding of adults at risk. Ensuring participants have the essential knowledge of who is covered by safeguarding procedures, the different types of abuse and how these may take place.
The course covers the most recent and up to date information relating to adult safeguarding referenced to the Care Act 2014 and the legal duties of staff as well as introduction of the legal categories of wilful neglect and ill-treatment.
- Understand what adult safeguarding is and what it includes
- Understand who an adult at risk is and what may make them more likely to risk
- Understand where abuse may happen
- Explore the different forms of abuse and their associated signs
- Look at the legal context of adult safeguarding
- Explore the roles and responsibilities of health and social care staff and others
- Understand the safeguarding process
- Explore positive approaches to safeguarding
The trainer will carry out an on-going assessment
All delegates will receive a certificate of attendance
The course can be delivered at locations to suit the client or at one of our training venues